As consultants to Rosenshein Associates, KZA was part of the team that was selected by EDC to develop a 140,000 square foot, mixed use shopping center on a vacant city owned parcel on Co-op City Boulevard in the Bronx.
- Worked with the developer to address community concerns about the project
- Developed strategies, programs and held meetings and negotiations with local community leaders, Community Board 10, local elected offices and the Office of the Borough President to successfully obtain approval for the project
- Worked with the developer to create a program to attract local contractors and labor to the project and were successful in acquiring several of them to work on the project
- Worked with SUNY’s job training program in the Baychester area of the Bronx as well as the Edwards Supermarket Corporation to facilitate local hiring at their store and other retailers in the center
- KZA was successfully in achieving over 80% of local hiring at Edwards Supermarket when the store opened
- Worked with the developer to encourage local retailers be part of the initial tenancy of the mall, several local businesses agreed to come aboard
- KZA completed the project, coordinating a successful groundbreaking and ribbon cutting event